Sunday, April 11, 2010

Six Mile Creek

Another post? Shock horror! What has the world come to?

Yesterday I took Cody out for a 2 hr walk to Six Mile Creek. It involved lots of walking, lots of stopping to pee on stuff and a bit of scrambling up/down steep slopes and trying not to fall in the river. It was good. I've got to get some film and take my real camera there one time. The photos from the little digital are not very good but they will have to do for now. Again, click on them if you would like to see them bigger.







These are from when I decided to have an adventure on the way home. It was fun, but we ended up having to back-track to actually get home. We just got to a point along the river where I could have gotten past, but Cody probably would have fallen in the river and pulled me in after. Didn't get any photos of that point as I was to busy tring not to fall in the river. Maybe next time!


This was taken after we climbed up a tiny hill and then walked along the ridge a bit. The only way down from here was to back-track, to jump off, or to scramble down a very steep slope. We opted for the latter, or at least I did. I let Cody off his lead so we didn't end up dragging each other down the slope and what did he do? He just ran face first down to the path and played with sticks while I tried not to fall face first down the slope. Ah, the benefits of having four legs and a tail.


Here is a photo from the bottom of the lookout. Couldn't really climb down there with a dog.


And last, but not least, a picture of Cody. This was the best one I could get as he wasn't being very cooperative with the camera. Maybe he doesn't like having his picture taken. Sorry about the shadow.

2 comments:

  1. Is that your dog Erika??

    Those woods are so pretty, are they far from where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is totally my dog. I wish! I borrow him from a friend. And the woods are about a 30 min walk from where I live. I'll try to take some more photos next time!

    ReplyDelete